I celebrated my 31st birthday yesterday and it was a glorious day. Full of love, amazing prezzies, Facebook well wishers and an amazing dinner with the my closest friends.
It was a lot different than last year. I had a panic attack around 10pm. I always swore 30 would be no big deal but as the clock ticked closer and closer to January 6th, I started freaking out!
This past year of my life has been an emotionally labor intensive journey with therapy, absolutely dreading my 9-5 and working through feeling “too old” for the music business.
But then something just clicked. I’m getting through it all and questioning myself less and less, that is 30 and up. This new found freedom of not being classically “young” anymore. You’ve got this brand new set of rules and it’s bloody liberating!
So I figured there was no better way to celebrate the 30s (and above) and give hope to those yet to approach this milestone than with an array of gifs explaining the badassness of adulthood.
1. You’re an adult, it’s official.
3. You treat yourself to nice things. Adulting is hard and you deserve it!
4. You kind of stop giving a “f”
6. But you’ve learned to talk about your feelings so it’s ok.
8. You have also developed a richer pallet when it comes to our close friend, Mr. Alcohol.
10. And you try to help them when you feel they’ve gone astray.
15. You know what’s fun to do with your free time as an adult?Nothing and it’s beautiful.